NPCs added

Caw caw! ;')

NPCs have been added. Albeit pretty roughly. The client loads/unloads the NPCs based on information sent from the server, and they can move around/attack players. When they die they just vanish instead of fading out so there's a little bit more to do - but they're there!

I am having some issues with NPC alignments; namely the original endless appears (unless myself and several others on the discord community are mistaken) to have no specific formula for aligning NPCs to the grid. I have implemented a generic formula which looks good for most NPC's, but there's quite a few that aren't 'pixel perfectly aligned'.

I'll probably just keep rolling on with the client regardless. It would take me the better half of a week to individually align all of those pesky NPC's, and I have only given myself a month so unless I come up with a new formula whilst I'm sleeping tonight they'll have to stay the way they are. I have programmed in a little table that readers can add to fix these offsets should they desire, perhaps when I release the source a helpful community member can 'make their mark!' ;)

Here's a fun little screenshot of the main server with jacob, birds and rats, and some random player.



Next on the agenda is the UI. Ugh development will appear to slow down here, just because me saying 'Look everyone I added a button today! is going to sound really tiring after a few updates', so instead I'll clump a bunch of UI features together. 

Next download (0.6) will come with the source hosted on github, and will have basic UI implemented (chatting, inventory, party, friends, whoisonline)

Till next time!

Gantic

Comments

Popular Posts