Progress update

Hey, quick update for you all.

Development is going well, however a little slow as predicted in my last post.
User interface work is incredibly boring so it's a little hard to keep motivated during these parts of the project. But don't despair, there's really not a whole lot left of the project to go! Once the client is complete I'll probably be spending atleast a month tweaking things to make it more 'eo' like, then when I'm happy with it I'll split the project and work on 'upgrades' alongside a custom server that I've been designing over the past month.

The upgrades will be towards a completely new 'eo' experience, I know a lot of you are fans of the 'old' eo, and for that the client will be there for you to try and create. But I'm doubtful you will succeed. I think a lot of us don't really remember what the 'old' eo experience really was. It was forever changing, every update completely changed the playing field, and it kept the game fresh for many of us. When the updates ceased and stagnation began, that was for me the beginning of the death of endless. One year, two years, three years rolls by and we all held on for some news. When an admin logged in we'd all get excited and press them for when v29 would ever be released.

Alas, it never came to pass. 

I still don't understand the exact reasons as to why EO ended the way it did. Perhaps there were internal pressures within the staff, or maybe there comes a lot of pressure when thousands of players are expecting something great. In any case, my main goal for this project is to just have some fun and enjoy recreating something - all bob ross style.

There are also some other EOClient projects that are in development right now, nothing made me more happier to realize this. If you are reading this and you are working on one, I'll happily share your project on this site. I'll also be adding plenty of links to 'nostalgia' pages, I didn't realize there was so many! Each one has a little story to tell about the game from their own perspective, it's really incredible.

Now - onto the client update progress! No photos this time (as I'm at work during my break)...

  • Added UI menus for droping/junking of items. 
  • Reprogrammed the map rendering function to be more efficient.
  • Added paperdolls, you can now unequip-reequip items.
  • Fixed plenty of bugs in regards to the chat system
  • Added speech bubbles to chat messages
  • Adjusted timings of animations
  • Added map animations
Todo before next update. 
  • Add UI whoisonline
  • Add UI Spells
  • Add UI Stats
  • Add UI Party
I have also updated the Git-hub source, so if you want to see these features you'll need to compile that :P No guide just yet. Will add one for next update. Promise >_< 

Till next time,

Hotdog


Comments

Popular Posts